Or at least sugar pumpkins.
Plums. Pumpkins. To-ma-to. To-matto. It's all produce-related.
The other night, I dreamed that I walked into Dan's (the Dan's in Foothill Village because I haven't seen any Dan's here), and an employee was stocking a plastic bin with candy pumpkins. A huge smile spread across my face because I couldn't believe that candy pumpkins were here so early. And then I enthusiastically told the man, "Wow, candy pumpkins already!"
And he replied all cheerfully, "You're the first customer to buy them this year."
I woke up in such a good mood. A fabulous, honey-sweet, lovey-dovey mood ... until I realized that it was only a dream and that back on Planet Reality, I would have to wait three more months until the orange and green confection would appear on store shelves. Ugh, the agony! Such dreary days ahead.
Meanwhile, in an attempt to appease my taste buds, I opened my pantry door (that's our new spot for the candy, but only because it doesn't fit anywhere else), and to my horror, found nothing that would do the trick. When I don't have any candy in the house -- wait, that never happens -- when I don't have any candy in the house that sounds good at the moment, then I resort to marshmallow creme. A couple of spoonfuls, and I'm good for a few hours. Mmm, almost as good as the pumpkins. Almost.
I have a feeling that I might be going through quite a few jars of marshmallow creme before the Fall Harvest season hits.