25 May 2007

Bored

I saw a friend walking home yesterday from a fresh haircut. She almost pranced along the sidewalk and her hair blew in the breeze. Okay, this is starting to sound strange, but it was the "I just got my hair cut" feeling that she was experiencing (I know the ladies can relate). I envied her as I pouted to myself, "But I want my hair cut, too!" And then I whipped out my mental calendar and realized that it's only been three weeks since I sat down in my stylist's magic feel-good chair and said, "I want something completely new!" That's how I got bangs. Full bangs. Short bangs. Bangs I regretted milliseconds after they were cut.

Looking back, I've had many "completely new" moments over the past year. Shorter hair. Longer hair. Subtle layers. Chunky layers. No layers. Curly. Straight. Big. Flat. It doesn't make sense that someone who changes hairstyles as often as I do could claim hairdo boredom. Maybe I just need new ways to fix my old hair. Yes, next time I patronize Carly (she's my constant), I will ask for a style update in place of a cut because if I keep getting my hair cut at this rate, Clint and I will have matching dos for our family Christmas photo. (Wouldn't that be something no one would ever forget?!)

No comments: